It was around this time a year ago that I decided to start my podcast, How I Built It. I started it as a way to generate buzz around building things so I could send people over to my online courses, where you learn how to build things. But a funny thing happened. Thanks to Rebecca Gill (Season 1, Episode 2) I reached out to Justin Ferriman of LearnDash about sponsoring her episode and he said yes! Since then, basically all of my episodes have had at least one sponsor, Season 2 was sold out, and Season 3 is on its way to selling out. In that time I’ve picked up a few things that I feel can help anyone who is thinking about Podcast Sponsorship.
If you’ve purchased a power bank charger or USB outlet from Amazon, there’s a solid chance the devices came from Hisgadget Inc. They have quite an extensive catalog of products to make sure you’re always fully charged at home and on the go. I recently had the opportunity to play with two of those products: the Intocircuit Power Castle Dual USB Portable Charger & the iClever 50 Watt 6-Port USB Desktop Rapid Charger.
There are lots of links to share today, so it’s time for another Scrapple.
- I was interviewed on CMS2CMS. Check it out here.
- Giphy has been integrated into Slack. That’s really upping my GIF game.
- Use this tool to see how long it would take the USA to succumb to a Zombie Outbreak.
- Pointer Pointer locates you mouse for you.
- 85% of tech workers’ wardrobe is free t-shirts. I can confirm this.
- This guy makes sculptures out of Crayons.
- My fiancee and I are looking for a location in Scranton for our engagement party. We are thinking an outdoor venue. Any suggestions are welcome!
- I’m finding in the last few weeks something I’ve forgotten: Playing the drums is a great way to relieve stress.
- I bought a Safety Razor last week. It gives the best shaves.
- I published my first sponsored post this week. I’m happy to do posts like that but I really need to believe in the product.