I dabble in a bunch of things right now, and as a result, the stuff I use has grown a bit. But here’s my day-to-day stuff. It’s broken down into this website, what I use to record my podcast and courses, my computer(s), my development environment, and some analog tools. If you have any questions feel free to reach out via the contact form, or on Twitter: @jcasabona
- Powered by WordPress
- Using the Authority Pro by StudioPress
- Beaver Builder for the landing pages
- Hosted on Liquid Web / Nexcess
- More comprehensive list of plugins and tools over on Creator Toolkit Episode 4 .
- See this blog post for descriptions and such.
- Mic: Shure SM7B
- Mic Attachments: Wind Screen, Boom Arm
- Preamp / Interface: Rodecaster Pro
- Audio Recording: Garageband | Zoom
- Screen Recording: Screenflow
- Camera: Sony a6400
- I host my podcast audio at Castos (read about the migration from Libsyn)
- Checkout my Travel Setup
- Primary Computer: iMac Pro (read more about that here: read more here)
- Travel Machine: MacBook Pro
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil
- Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Get a breakdown of everything on my desk.
- Headphones: ATH-m50X | AirPods Pro | Sony WH-1000XM4
- Backups: Backblaze
- Local by Flywheel for Local Development
- VS Code for writin’ code (Customizations here)
- Github for storin’ code (and Github for Mac)
- Spark for Email
- TextExpander because it’s awesome (and for typing less)
- Omnifocus 3 for Task Management
- Airtable for Project Management
- Evernote & Apple Notes for note-taking
- Nusii for Proposals
- FreshBooks for Accounting
- Milanote for research. I’m all in on this now!
- Ulysses for Writing.
- ConvertKit for my Mailing Lists
- Zapier for connecting everything
- Check out this blog post for my newish process.
- Journal: Theme System Journal
- Planner: William Hannah A5 Classic Notebook
- There’s always a Field Notes notebook in my pocket
- There’s always a notebook on my desk. Lately it’s been a Rhodia Notepad
- Current favorite fountain pen: Sailor Pro Gear
- Current favorite pocket (non-fountain) pen: The Mark One
- My bag: Nomatic Travel Backpack | eBags Slim Professional Junior
Last Updated November 2020