I dabble in a bunch of things right now, and as a result, the stuff I use has grown a bit. But here’s my day-to-day stuff. It’s broken down into this website, what I use to record my podcast and courses, my computer(s), my development environment, and some analog tools. If you have any questions feel free to reach out via the contact form, or on Twitter: @jcasabona
- Powered by WordPress
- Using the Astra Pro Theme
- Beaver Builder for the landing pages
- Hosted on Liquid Web (I also use SiteGround and WP Engine)
- More comprehensive list of plugins and tools over on Creator Toolkit Episode 4 .
- See this blog post for descriptions and such.
- Mic: Shure SM7B
- Mic Attachments: Wind Screen, Boom Arm
- Preamp / Interface: UA Arrow
- Audio Recording: Garageband | Zoom
- Screen Recording: Screenflow
- Camera: Sony a6400
- I host my podcast audio at Libsyn.
- Checkout my Travel Setup
- Primary Computer: iMac Pro (read more about that here: read more here)
- Travel Machine: MacBook Air
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil
- Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Get a breakdown of everything on my desk.
- Headphones: ATH-m50X | AirPods Pro | Bose QuietComfort 35
- Backups: Backblaze
- Local by Flywheel for Local Development
- VS Code for writin’ code (Customizations here)
- Github for storin’ code (and Github for Mac)
- Spark for Email
- TextExpander because it’s awesome (and for typing less)
- Omnifocus 3 for Task Management
- Airtable for Project Management
- Evernote & Apple Notes for note-taking
- Nusii for Proposals
- FreshBooks for Accounting
Keep It for research**
- Drafts for Writing. I’m so excited there’s a good Mac client now!
- ConvertKit for my Mailing Lists
- Zapier for connecting everything
- Here are my iPhone Screens (with this wallpaper)
** I’m currently looking for a new research buddy and I’m giving Milanote a spin. It’s very pretty and the boards concept is one that jives with the way I think of my research info.
- Check out this blog post for my newish process.
- Journal: Theme System Journal
- Planner: William Hannah A5 Classic Notebook
- There’s always a Field Notes notebook in my pocket
- There’s always a notebook on my desk. Lately it’s been a Rhodia Notepad
- Current favorite fountain pen: Sailor Pro Gear
- Current favorite pocket (non-fountain) pen: The Mark One
- My bag: Nomatic Travel Backpack | eBags Slim Professional Junior
Last Updated May 2020 | Inspired by Jon Christopher