Thinking About Webinar Software
About a month ago I went in a quest to find the perfect webinar software. I create a spreadsheet and everything1.
But at CEX, I had a great conversation with Luria Petrucci of Live Stream Pros and I asked her, “What do you think is the best way to run a webinar?”
Now before I tell you what she said2, I want to tell you how I’ve been doing it:
- Create a new landing page in ConvertKit associated with the webinar
- Create the calendar invite, Thank You page, and reminder/follow-up emails manually.
- Create a new Live Stream on YouTube for the “webinar” link
- Use eCamm Live to run the webinar.
Now the things I like about this process:
- eCamm Live
- The fact that YouTube is free
I don’t like anything else, really. That’s why I was looking at other solutions.
OK OK but what did Luria say?
She said she likes Zoom.
Just plain old Zoom meetings, not even the “webinar” plan.
Because she likes the interaction. She likes that you can unmute people and have them participate. That you can see everyone.
It forms a better connection.
And you know what? Everyone knows Zoom.
Zoom creates a calendar invite.
You don’t need to set up a bunch of things.
So I’m in.
For my next few webinars, I’m using Zoom.
…it won’t be that simple though. I still want to use ConvertKit. Which means I need to automate.
I’m covering that for members, and adding it to my Automations Library soon.
- You can get it by becoming a member. ?
- In true YouTube fashion ?