- Wear wristwatch? Use e-mail? Not for Class of ’14: Who feels old? This guy. And I’m only 7 years older than them.
- Active Facebook Users More Likely to Stick With College: Study: This is pretty interesting. Among other things, it cites that kids with more Facebook friends are more involved in extra-curriculars.
- Spend a Semester without Microsoft Office: Some cheap (or free) alternatives to Microsoft Office
- My Back to School Store: I made a back to school Amazon Store with what I think are some important pieces of tech
- 20 Back to School Apps & Tools for Students: Very comprehensive list. I wish some of these things were around when I was a student.
- See all of Lifehacker’s Back to School Coverage: Comprehensive stories on everything from roommates to textbooks.
Aside from that, a couple ofÂ notableÂ news stories:
- 3 Reasons the “Ground Zero Mosque” Debate Makes No Sense: It seriously doesn’t. Remember the 2006 election, when flag burning was a huge but ultimately non-issue? That’s what this is for the 2010 Election. And it’s stupid.
- Facebook Launches Places, Location Check-in, Discovery: Read about the latest Facebook feature that has privacy people up in arms.