Let me start by saying I suck for not bring my PC charger home over break. No worries though, I have a back up PC with none of my files and stuff on it. But it is enough to get by. Unfortunately, this is a bare bones PC with none of my regular software on it. I have to rely on freeware, both new and old. So, here is a list of the software I am using to get by. Eventually I want to make all the installs part of a .bat file so I can run that one script and everything I need will be installed!
- First and foremost, I need a good browser to get all my other stuff. Firefox, without question.
- For all of my Instant Messaging needs
- In my opinion, the best text editor. Supports many languages and it’s very lightweight.
- I will always be doing FTP/Web Stuff, and for that, I have FileZilla.
- The GIMP
- For my photo editing needs
- Open Office
- When I don’t have MS Office handy, this is the next best thing
- Fox It PDF Reader
- I know Adobe Reader is free too, but Fox It reader is 100x better.
And there you have it. My quick and dirty list of stuff I constantly use, no matter what PC I am on. You can find a huge list of freeware here too. Later!