Cigars by CAO
This unique cigar has wrapper leaves as the label which will certainly make it a stand out smoke, with no extra trash to boot! Making it even more unique is the fact that the tobacco comes from a remote part of the Amazon Rainforest!
A cigar after my own heart! Based on the special Sopranos blend CAO did a while back, this cigar has a bold taste with hints of cinnamon and nut. This is definitely one to enjoy after dinner.
Drew Estate has coupled with the Kentucky Bourbon maker to create a truly tasty cigar for anyone who enjoys their brown liquor. Bourbon, vanilla, and cinnamon all make an appearance in this flavor profile. Definitely not one to miss.
Rounding Out the Top 10
I love a good breakfast cigar and this one is one of the best. As the name suggests, it's cappuccino flavored, making it a nice light smoke that pairs perfectly with your favorite caffeinated beverage. A great way to start the day.
This is hands down one of my favorite cigars. It makes the list this year because Alec Bradley has stopped producing it, so if you find it, buy it! You won't be able to for much longer.
This cigar is doubly good: excellent, full and complex taste (of cedar, espresso, pepper, and a little sweet) AND it's named after an American Revolution event. Even better, each size is named after a different founding father.
Lighters & Cutters
Every cigar smoker should have 3 items: a good cutter, a good lighter, and a humidor. I think Xikar makes the best stuff, and you can't beat their lifetime warranty.
My favorite lighter by far! It's great, performant, wind resistant, and you can see it in daylight because it has a built-in light to make the flame change color. And at $24, it's a complete steal. My recommendation: by a few. One for your home, one for you car, and a bunch for your friends.
Xikar released a sexy new cutter last year that I love. The XO is round with self sharpening blades and a unique design. I love it. Its deeper cutting area makes it easier to eyeball how much to cut so you don't cut too much. Plus, it always gets compliments.
If you're looking for a solid V Cutter, Xikar's latest creation is the best. I picked up one for myself and one for my brother. It's a clean cut and the blade is sharp. Plus it's weighty, so it feels like there's some force behind it.
The Vertigo is a great travel lighter, but if you need a little more force, the Volta is a great lighter for lots of people. It's quad flame, holds lots of fluid, and is wind resistant.
Here a few good humidors:
- This Cherry Humidor is great for a beginner. It was my first and served me well.
- If you're looking for something more advanced, this locking, bilevel Desktop Humidor is a great one.
- The one I have is currently out of stock, but truth me told, I have my sights set on one like this for my next.
If you travel a lot (like me), a good travel humidor is invaluable. Simple humidification is good for these. No cedar required. Here are my favorites:
- Xikar 15-Count: Continuing with the Xikar trend, they also make excellent travel humidors. This one is well priced and really durable.
- Xikar X-treme Rugged Travel Case: If you're looking for something more heavy duty, this is a great one. The nice part of this particular case is it has a knob to adjust the pressure of the case, so it's perfect for flying.
- Small Cases: Smaller travel cases are great for nights out. I recommend this one by Rockwell or this leather 4-cigar case.
- My next: I really want the Xikar Cigar Locker. I'll probably buy that shortly after the holidays.
Last Updated November 2017. Contains affiliate links.